Friday 25 May 2007

Fr. Aloy’s Farewell Party

Flavour Of The Day




If you’ve been following mails from the loop of catechists lately regarding the above event, you would have already noted what a wonderful, touching and most of all - fun farewell was held on behalf of our Dear Spiritual Director Fr. Aloysius Ong who will soon leave us to Rome, for further studies.

The planning took off weeks ahead, and the turnout was huge. Each person bearing witness of their deep appreciation, what it meant for them to have worked with Fr. Aloy during the past four and a half years. (oh sure, we represented the ones who couldn’t make it too!)

It was an effort put together with love, generosities of all kinds and of course Talent! Weren’t the organizers, comperes, photographers, song composers, caterers and singers all outstanding! While it’s difficult to pinpoint one occasion as the highlight of the night, possibly it was when Father departing from his usually quiet demeanor sang a beautiful song for all in attendance.

Father, we have never seen you keeping your ear to ear smile for so long…Thank you for enjoying the little we could do for you, for all that you have done for us.

I have not quite known you, ( the quiz results only showed!) but it’s not often when the departure of someone hardly known to one ,seems to leave a void which appears difficult to fill. I am sure these sentiments are shared by all of us who are reluctantly compelled to bid farewell to you. Study hard!!


-Contributed by Thushari Perera, 25 May 2007

Toppings:




Last week, I took my children to a restaurant.

My six-year-old son asked if he could say grace. As we bowed our heads he said, "God is good, God is great. Thank you for the food, and I would even thank you more if Mom gets us ice cream for dessert. And Liberty and justice for all! Amen!"

Along with the laughter from the other customers nearby, I heard a woman remark, "That's what's wrong with this country. Kids today don't even know how to pray. Asking God for ice cream! Why, I never!"


Hearing this, my son burst into tears and asked me, "Did I do it wrong? Is God mad at me?"As I held him and assured him that he had done a terrific job, and God was certainly not mad at him, an elderly gentleman approached the table.He winked at my son and said, "I happen to know that God thought that was a great prayer."

"Really?" my son asked.

"Cross my heart," the man replied.

Then, in a theatrical whisper, he added (indicating the woman whose remark had started this whole thing), "Too bad she never asks God for ice cream. A little ice cream is good for the soul sometimes."

Naturally, I bought my kids ice cream at the end of the meal. My son stared at his for a moment, and then did something I will remember the rest of my life.He picked up his sundae and, without a word, walked over and placed it in front of the woman. With a big smile he told her, "Here, this is for you. Ice cream is good for the soul sometimes; and my soul is good already."


The End


- Contributed by Serene Wee, 25 May 2007

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

demi lovato is naked http://trusted.md/user/demi_lovato_nude selena gomez and demi lovato naked

Anonymous said...

taylor swift fake nude pictures nude photos of taylor swift